Safeguarding Children Statement
This school believes that children must be protected from harm at all times.
- We believe every child should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure that children we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm.
- We want children who use or have contact with this school to enjoy what we have to offer in safety.
- We want parents and carers of children who use or attend our school to be supported to care for their children in a way that promotes their child’s health and well being and keeps them safe.
- We want organisations who work with us, or who provide funding to us to have confidence and recognise that we are a safe school.
- We will achieve this by having an effective safeguarding children procedure and follow National guidance (What To Do If You’re Worried A Child Is Being Abused).http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/everychildmatters/resources-an-practice/IG00182
- If we discover or suspect a child is suffering harm we will notify Children’s Services via Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council’s First Contact Team, Bath Lane, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 2DS, tel: 01642 527764, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the police, tel: 01642 326326, in order that they can be protected if necessary.
- This Safeguarding Children Policy Statement and our safeguarding children procedure applies to all staff, volunteers and users of Northfield School and Sports College and anyone carrying out any work for us or using our premises.
- We will review our safeguarding children policy and procedures at least every 2 years to make sure they are still relevant and effective.