Lead Teacher of the Visually Impaired (QTVI)
- September 2019
- Full-time permanent
- MPS/UPS + TLR 2c
- Closing Date
- Friday 21 June 2019 (12 noon)
‘Staff morale is outstanding’
‘Students thrive both personally and academically’
Ofsted July 2016
Northfield School is a large 11-16 school and specialist sports college. We are an ambitious and inclusive school. Work has just been completed on our new VI HI Base which has been provided as part of the Local Authority’s enhanced mainstream provision for visually impaired and hearing impaired students at Northfield. The new VI HI Base provides a superb working area for students and staff.
We are looking to appoint a Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired (QTVI) to work within our VI Base leading a team of suitably qualified LSAs. Students within our VI Base are supported really well to achieve examination success and attend all mainstream lessons. We are looking for an outstanding teacher and leader who can support our students to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner who:
- is committed to ensuring every student reaches their full potential
- is able to uphold our core values of respect, honesty and resilience
- has the necessary leadership and management skills to lead a supportive team of LSAs
- is committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for students
- is able to provide specialist advice to staff in terms of teaching and learning and is an excellent classroom practitioner.
We can offer you:
- an enthusiastic, talented and supportive team
- a newly built and superbly resourced teaching and learning environment
- excellent opportunities for CPD
- a staff health and well being programme
- a warm, friendly and positive working environment where everyone is valued
An official application form and further details are available online from the school website http://northfieldssc.org and should be returned to HR@northfieldssc.org.
Alternatively, applications are also accepted by post (FAO Catherine Frost). NB: we do not accept CV’s.
Visits to the school are welcome by appointment; please call Catherine Frost or email using the details above.