Subjects > Art
Art & Design Art
At KS4 students have five lessons of Art every two weeks and currently study GCSE Art and Design (unendorsed) awarded by AQA. The course enables students to study and explore a broad range of visual arts encompassing: drawing, painting, 3 Dimensional studies, Printmaking, graphics and digital photography.
Assessment for GCSE Art and Design is as follows:
|EXTERNALLY SET TASK|
|At the end of the course students submit a Portfolio of evidence for formal assessment. The portfolio should represent roughly 45 hours of work and include the best examples from at least two projects.||The remainder of marks at GCSE come from an Externally Set Task. This is a project set by the examination board. Students have time to create a body of preparatory work before spending 10 hours under examination conditions on a final piece.|
- Gargoyles and Grotesques – 3 Dimensional work
- Distorted Faces – Collage and Lino printing
- Expressive colour portraits – Colour theory, Mixed media, painting and drawing
- Basic Photographic compositional skills
- Photoshop compositions
- Viewpoints – Mixed media work created in response to a photographic shoot based at Preston Hall.
- Larger scale drawing and painting.
- Mono printing
- 3D cardboard relief sculpture.