Accelerated Reader 2015/16
2015/16 was a year in which records tumbled for Accelerated Reader, here are some of the biggest accomplishments:
- As a school, students read over 200 million words in the academic year, which is a new record in school.
- Year 8 students read over 50 million words.
- Year 7 students read over 150 million words, which is a new Y7 record and school record!
- One Y7 student read over 9 million words in the academic year, which is a new record.
- 62.2% of Y7 improved their reading ages.
- 60.6% of Y8 improved their reading ages.
These are just a few example of the excellent year the students had on Accelerated Reader. We now welcome the new Y7 students to the school and look forward to seeing if they can set any new records of their own for the 2016/17 academic year.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you will go.