Physical Activity Challenge
In September 2017 the Stockton Sports Partnership launched our first Partnership Termly Physical Activity Challenge for Primary Schools in Stockton-on-Tees!
These challenges have been designed to introduce personal activity challenges for your students (which will help if you are applying for the School Games Mark next year) and also help to contribute to the requirement for all children to be active for 30 minutes each day at school.
- The challenges are designed for children to practice at home or in the playground. When they feel ready they can have an official attempt where their score is timed and recorded at school.
- Try involving your sports leaders and lunchtime supervisors to time and record the scores.
- If your Sports Leaders attended our Leadership Academy last week then they will know that they have a role in promoting this termly challenge to their peers.
- You could start a leader board of results on your sports noticeboard but please also encourage the children to see this task as a personal challenge to improve their own score each week and recognise/praise individual improvements.
- Please share the challenge with your parents as they may be able to encourage practice time at home.
- If you use social media, please share some of your school's results with us via twitter/Facebook.
- We would love to have videos uploaded if possible but appreciate that safeguarding policies might prevent this. If you can film attempts (especially the group challenge) - the Sports Partnership would love to see them.
- Teachers/school staff are also welcome to enter.